A Selection Of Books From Our Home Library
Each month I will pull a pile of books off the shelves in our home, books that my kids and my husband and I love. Each book I select is special and full of memories for me. And I will share them with you: Off My Shelf.
The selection this month includes a special book that I sang to my children each night as a bedtime book when they were babies. Over in the Meadow is a picture book set to the tradional song of the same name. I love this song. Even though my kids are teenagers, I still sing this song – but usually I do it while doing dishes or vacuuming. It reminds me of the days of diapers and crawling munchkins (or doodles, as we called them).
Here is the lineup for this month (pictures and our brief reviews are below, if you scroll down the page):
- Over in the Meadow by Olive A Wadsworth
- Willie’s Adventures by Margaret Wise Brown
- The Giraffe and the Pelly and Me by Roald Dahl
- The Story of the Amulet by E. Nesbit
- Riders of the Pony Express by Ralph Moody
- Mimus by Lilli Thal, translated by John Brownjohn
- The Canterbury Tales by Geoffrey Chaucer, retold by Geraldine McCaughrean
- Two-Part Invention by Madeline L’Engle
Over in the Meadow by Olive A Wadsworth
Willie's Adventures by Margaret Wise Brown
The Giraffe and the Pelly and Me by Roald Dahl
The Story of the Amulet by E. Nesbit
Riders of the Pony Express by Ralph Moody
Mimus by Lilli Thal, translated by John Brownjohn
The Canterbury Tales by Geoffrey Chaucer, retold by Geraldine McCaughrean
Two-Part Invention by Madeline L'Engle
See you in November for another selection, Off My Shelf!
I linked up with some wonderful moms at What To Read Wednesday where you can find lots of great book ideas every week!
What are some of your favorite books for homeschool storytime?